LIBRARIES | PHOTOGALLERY | DOWNLOADS | CONTACT US |
"The detailed application form would be made available to you after E-mail verification"
NAAC Accreditation with 'A++' & CGPA of 3.52 out of 4.00
In order to develop students as players, PDEU developed a Sports Academy.
Sports Academy Objective
- To identify students with outstanding abilities and place them in an environment designed to produce sporting and educational excellence
- To encourage students to maintain their academic interest using sport as the means of engaging them to achieve the best they can be
- To provide opportunities for males and females to continue playing sport competitively upon leaving school and develop exit pathways to encourage further participation.
- To develop a culture in which students behave with dignity, professionalism and respect.
- To provide lifelong learning experiences through teamwork, discipline and cooperation.
Sports Academy Deliverables
- Access to all the Sporting facilities on PDEU’s campus.
- Coaching sessions led by an professional external coach.
- Opportunity for trials of representative teams of university, which will participate in tournaments all around the nation.
- Bespoke Sports Academy Kit for players.
Sports Academy Rules
- All the academy members are treated equally and fairly to ensure they aspire to their full potential on and off the playing field.
- For students and staff to work within an environment which applies learning concepts, long term development principles and best practice in the development of the elite performance.
- Only qualified coaches will work with the academy.
- A culture of improvement and personal development will drive Sports Academy Provision.
- Players who are regular to the practice sessions only will be selected in University’s team
- There will be two groups for coaching:
- Probable players of the university’s team – Executive Members of Academy.
- Interested player’s for learning a game / sport – Members of Academy
- Practice sessions will be of two types:-
- First type, only for executive members and
- Second type, for all the Members.
- There will be shifting of players every week from category 1 to 2 and vice versa as per the directions of Office of Sports.
- Players have to pass a nominal medical / fitness test by the coach concerned before becoming a member of the Academy.
- Initially the camp will be for one month period & 5 days a week.