"The detailed application form would be made available to you after E-mail verification"
|1||Last date for online application||13-06-2020|
|2||List of candidates for selection procedure on the website||19-06-2020|
1) Reporting time 9:00 A.M.
2) Written Aptitude Test at Block-C (SPT-1 building) from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
3) Discipline wise proficiency-evaluation at 1.30 P.M. onwards
|4||Announcement of the list of candidates offered the admission||17-07-2020|
|5||Last Date for paying fees||21-07-2020|
|6||Induction programme for admitted candidates||5-08-2020|
Industry linked Research Projects in School of Petroleum Technology:
- Development of a road map for RLNG pumps in contrast to CNG Pumps across India-(Funded by Adani)
- Acoustic impedance study and velocity anisotropy for Indian shale gas research (Fund by DGH)
- Integrated Solar and Geothermal set-up for Exploitation of low enthalpy geothermal reservoirs (Supported by GOG and ONGC energy center)
- Direct application of Geothermal Energy Exploitation using hot springs and ponds (Support Expected from MNRE)
- To Carry out laboratory formation damage experiment on Indian and Russian Core models (Industry university of Tyumen-IUT Russia and DOP, India)
- Factor analysis of attributes associated with City gas distribution engineering (Funded by Adani)
- Evolution of the Mesozoic sequences of Zanskar Himalays and its comparison with other Mesozoic sections of India (Expected to be funded)
- Evolutionary trends in Cretaceous Belemnite biotic events and its comparison with northern and southern Tethyan margin (funded by DST-RFBR)
- Petrophysical Modelling of Heterogeneous clastic reservoirs play (Expected to be funded)
- Integrated geophysical prospecting for fault modelling in Kachchh basin and correlation with its Geomechanical properties (Expecting Fund)
- To compare conductivity data of rod-shaped prop-pant versus spherical prop pant for hydraulic fracturing (In association with Oklahoma University and DOP).
- Mathematical modelling of heterogeneous reservoirs and flow through porous media (with Matlab)
School of Technology
Ph.D. Research Projects For Electrical Engineering:
- Buildings-to-Grid integration
- Peer-to-Peer energy sharing and trading in microgrids
- Power System Protection
- Generation & Transmission Planning
- Integration issues of renewable energy sources with Grid
- Distributed Generation: Protection, Stability & Control
- Power Quality : Issues & Mitigation Techniques
- Distribution System Management
- Power System Automation & Control
- Wide Area Measurements and application of the same to mitigate Protection, Stability & control issues
- Micro-grids, Smart Grid and related issues
- Power System Security Assessment & Enhancement / Improvement of System Security
- Use of analytics for efficient operation of Power System
Ph.D. Research Projects For Chemical Engineering:
- CFD modelling of multi phase flows in industrial cyclones and fluidized bed
- Advanced water treatment technology for removal of fluoride in water
- Development of nano-materials for the enhance fuel efficiency
- Studies on Bio-diesel production using process intensification techniques
- Experimental and modelling studies on hydrocarbon steam cracking
- Development of novel ionic liquids for cleaner production
- Design and development of novel membrane based water purification system
- Modelling of amine based carbon sequestration techniques
Ph.D. Research Projects For Environmental Engineering:
- Application of Numeric Modelling and Remote Sensing for Urban Air Quality Assessment and forecasting - Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
- Big Data Application for Environmental Management - Centre for Science and Environment (CSE)
- Urban Heat Island effect for Ahmedabad city: Modelling, Mapping and Mitigation - Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
- Sick Building Syndrome: Modelling and Monitoring Indoor Air Quality - Stanford University
- Urban Climate Modelling - Auburn University (AU)
- Groundwater Vulnerability Assessment through multiple techniques - Gujarat Environment Management Institute (GEMI)
- Designing Bio-reactors for effective solid waste management - National Environment Engineering Research Institute (NEERI)
- Low cost techniques for removal of Arsenic from Ground Water - National Environment Engineering Research Institute (NEERI)
- Application of Geoinformatics for assessing the impact of Canal Network on agricultural productivity - Bhaskaracharya Institute for Space Applications & Geo-informatics (BISAG)
- Solid Waste Management: Policy Framework to Community Engagement - Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC)
- Environmental Sustainability - American State University (ASU)
- Waste-water Treatment using natural coagulants - National Environment Engineering Research Institute (NEERI)
Ph.D. Research Projects For Civil Engineering:
- Risk Based Building Information Modelling for Mass Rapid Transit System Projects
- Development of Multivariate Tools for Quality Monitoring of Ready Mixed Concrete
- Integrated BIM and Cloud Model for Smart City Projects
- Development of Integrated BIM and IPD Model for Infrastructure Transportation Projects
- Utilization of plastic waste and monitoring the quality pavements in collaboration with Road and Building Department, Govt. of Gujarat
- Strength Forecasting of Ready Mixed Concrete through Time Series Analysis
- Critical Chain Project Management for Infrastructure Transportation Projects
- Building Information Modelling for Infrastructure Projects
- Building Information Modelling for Commercial Projects of Ahmedabad
- Development of Integrated Project Delivery Model for infrastructure Projects
- Development of Lean Management Model for Highway Projects
- Social Cost Benefit Analysis for Transportation Projects
- Life Cycle Costing Analysis for Bridge Projects
- Clean Development Mechanism for Metro Rail Projects
- Dispatching Schedule Sequencing for Commercial Ready Mixed Concrete Batching Plants
- Cloud Computing Model for Smart City Projects
- Critical Success Factors for Development of Smart City Projects
- Development of Project Risk Management Model for Sustainable Smart City Project
- Utilization of plastic waste in the pavements- in collaboration with Road and Building Department, Govt. of Gujarat
- Evaluation of Seismic Risk – In Collaboration with Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Evaluation of Seismic Hazards for the future Smart cities - In Collaboration with Institute of Seismological Research, Govt. of Gujarat
- Liquefaction Hazard Assessment - In Collaboration with M/s. KCT Consultancy Services
- Geotechnical Characterization for Gujarat Using Geographical Information System - In Collaboration with M/s. KCT Consultancy Services, Ahmedabad
Ph.D. Research Projects For Mechanical Engineering (Know More):
- Development of bimetallic cylinders (Austenitic Stainless Steel AISI321+AA2219, AISI321+Ti-6Al-4V and AISI304L+Ti-6Al-4V) through friction welding route with suitable inter layers
- Magnetic Pulse Welding (MPW) of AISI 321 stainless steel to AA2219 Aluminium alloy
- Friction and Friction Stir Welding of metal to plastics
- Ultrasonic welding of dissimilar plastics and plastics to metal
- Superplastic behaviour of copper using FSP.
- A-TIG, FB-TIG & FZ-TIG for P91 and LAFM steels
- Sustainable post processing of food crops using solar drying for different climatic conditions in India.
- Design, development and Investigations of a multi-functional HVAC system.
- Investigations on direct expansion solar assisted heat pump for water heating applications.
- Analysis of parallel and inclined slider bearing operating with Electri-rheological Lubricant.
- FEM and CFD analysis of journal bearing operating in turbulent regime. Effect of porous layer on dynamic performance of hydrostatic thrust bearing
- Numerical modelling of 3D/4D composite plate subjected to Ballistic Impact Loading
- Progressive Damage modelling of Structure in Blast Loading
- Experimental and numerical Investigation on Tensile Behavior of a Plate containing multiple holes
- Composite based Design and Development of Bio-inspired Armors
- Experimental Investigation of Tensile Behavior of Additive Manufactured Plates
- Experimental and Numerical study of powder bed fusion Additive Manufacturing processes.
- Friction Stir based Additive Manufacturing of different materials.
- Experimental and Numerical study of Wire Arc Additive Manufacturing process.
- Development of thermal modelling and experimental investigation of hybrid solid+liquid desiccant based air conditioning system
- Thermal modelling, optimization and experimental investigation to identify the cooling rate behavior of battery operated vehicle with different phase change materials
- Modelling , optimization and experimental investigation of hybrid adsorption refrigeration system.
- Static and Dynamic analysis of sandwich functionally graded materials shells.
- Active vibration control of FGM plates using non conventional optimization algorithm.
- Application of process Intensification techniques for biodiesel production using II and III generation feedstocks and CI engine performance testing with combustion modelling
- Application of process Intensification techniques for bioethnol production using I and II generation feedstocks and SI engine performance testing with combustion modelling(a topic of national importance for preparation of Sanitizer in reference to Covid-2019 scenario)
- Application of Process Intensification techniques for production of Aviation fuel using non-edible feedstock.
- Application of Castor plant for co-production of biogas, bio-ethanol, biodiesel and value added bio-chemicals: A Techno-economic analysis of a bio-refinery approach
- Multi-scale, multi-physics solidification models for manufacturing processes.
- Direct Numerical Simulations of phase-change Rayleigh Benard Convection.
- Studies on Heat-transfer and thermodynamic performance of Latent heat thermal Energy Storage systems.
- Experimental and numerical studies on electron/laser beam surface treatment processes.
- Studies on Solidification and Melting phenomena.
Ph.D. Research Projects For Solar Engineering:
- Inexpensive semiconductors for thin film solar cells: Non vacuum based technologies
- Eradication of degradation of Silicon PV modules using nanotechnology
- Solar photocatlytic waste water treatment
- Dynamics of electron transfer for thin film devices
- Electrical properties of 2D materials for optoelectronic devices
- Development of solid state electrolyte for fuel cells
- Graphene based composite for energy storage application: For batteries & super-capacitors
- Development of nano-structured oxides: Application in Schottky junction devices and efficient hydrogen generation (water splitting)
Ph.D. Research Projects for Computer Science and Engineering & Information and Communication Technology (ICT) :
- Advanced Urban Public Transportation System as Principal Investigator
- Spectral Discrimination and Separability Analysis of Crops and Weeds Using Deep Learning Techniques
- Land-Cover Classification of Polarimetric SAR Image/Data for Agricultural and Urban Region
- Compact Circularly Polarised Microstrip antenna for IoT Applications
- Improving speech quality and intelligibility in digital hearing aids
- CyberHealth-A Novel Framework for Secure Medical Cyber Physical Systems with Reduced Overhead
- Multi-modal design of an Intelligent Transportation System